Brighten Up Your Paddl Profile!
Get ready for 2018 with an awesome Paddl Profile. Plus, go to the movies on us!
The new year brings new opportunities, and Paddl is dedicated to helping you find them! But, to stand out to potential employers, you're going to want an amazing Paddl Profile. So, we're running a competition to find the best of the best.
To enter this competition and go to the movies for free, follow these steps:
- Log into your Paddl Account and follow the steps outlined below - that includes:
- Updating your Profile Photo
- Updating your Profile Summary
- Updating your Contact Details
- Apply for the 'job' titled 'Competition: Brighten Up Your Paddl Profile!' in your state - this helps us review your profile and see everything's been updated
- Tell us what you think about Paddl
The winner will be selected based on the quality of his/her Paddl Profile (we want to see the best!) and who also shared with us some helpful feedback via our little survey.
Entries close on Friday, 5th January 2018.
Updating your Paddl Account
Your Profile Photo
A complete Paddl Profile shows employers that you're taking your application seriously - that's really important when they're shortlisting Paddl applicants. Having a photo on your profile is one of the best ways to show you've taken the time to put together a strong application, and that you mean business.
1. Open your profile by selecting 'Profile' from the sidebar [left]. Then, click the edit button [right] on the top right of the profile page.
2. Click the placeholder image to open the upload box. You can then click the camera icon to upload your photo. From there, you can adjust the zoom on the image with the slider below. When you're happy, click 'Done'
Your Profile Summary
The Paddl Profile Summary is possibly the most important part of your Paddl Profile. It's your chance to show employers what you're all about. While everyone's summary will, and should, be different, in general, your summary should do two things: show who you are and what you can potentially contribute.
Employers want to get to know you before they interview you, so let your personality shine through in what you write - that's the best way for them to learn about you as a person. Carry this through to writing about what you've done. Although that part may sound easy, it's important you don't fall into the trap of listing everything. Instead, highlight experiences, projects or achievements that you're particularly proud of.
If you're stuck, here's an sample profile that shows an excellent balance of personality and experiences.
Notice that this sample summary has used bold and italicised text? You can use markdowns to highlight text like this in your own profile - we even wrote a handy blogpost showing you how to do it all here.
Your Contact Details
Once you've wowed an employer with your Paddl Profile, they're going to want to get in touch with you. But, they can't do that if you don't have up to date contact details! It's important to add your current phone number, and an email address you check regularly. The other contact fields are optional, but the more ways an employer can contact you, the better.
Click 'Account' at the bottom of the sidebar. From there, you can edit your contact details [below].
This is what you want to avoid - no contact details, no job offer (and a very sad employer if they can't get in touch with their favourite applicant)
Remember, once you've made your Paddl Profile irresistible to employers, we want you to show it off! The winner will feature on the Paddl Blog and will also enjoy two free tickets to the movies.
Terms & Conditions:
1. You must have Paddl student account and be residing in Australia during the competition period.
2. You must complete all three steps required - update your Paddl Account, complete the Paddl survey, enter the competition by applying for the Job that starts with 'Competition: Brighten Up Your Paddl Profile!'
3. You may only enter the competition for the Australian state in which your educator campus is located.
4. Entries close 11.59pm, Friday 5th Jan, 2018.
5. The prize is two Village Cinemas Adult Gift Vouchers, valued at $44 AUD. The prize cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
6. The prize will be awarded to the entrant who has a) the best Paddl Profile and b) completed the Paddl survey in full. All decisions are final and no discussions will be entered into.
7. The winner will be contacted by email on 12th January 2018, and published on social media. If the winner remains uncontactable two weeks after the announcement, another entry will be selected as the winner.